Monday, May 16, 2011

JUST BEFORE THIS LONG, ODD SUMMER ENDS

I stumbled upon Jenny Han's Summer series once upon a sappy night.
And with utter desperation, I tried to settle with quotes from the book, for the mean time, so I hope.

In the wishlist:

The Summer I Turned Pretty
  • "For me, it was almost Winter didn't count. Summer was what mattered. My whole life was measured in Summers."
  • "Victory is a thousand times sweeter when you're the underdog."
  • "Would you rather live one perfect day over and over or live your life with no perfect days but just decent ones?"
It's Not Summer Without You
  • "I will never look at you the same way ever again. I'll never be that girl again. The girl who comes running back everytime you push her away, the girl who loves you anyway."
  • "I release you. I evict you from my heart. Because if I don't do it now, I never will."
  • "How do you regret on of the best nights of your entire life? You don't. You remember every word, every look. Even when it hurts, you still remember."
We'll Always Have Summer
  • "Firsts were important."
  • "But just because you bury something, that doesn't mean it stops existing. Those feelings, they've been there all along. All the time. I had to face it. He was part of my DNA."
  • "I knew I had to be careful. I had to keep my distance. If she knew how much I still cared, it was all over. I wouldn't be able to walk away again. The first time was hard enough."
  • "I'd stayed away for two years. I had to. I knew I shouldn't even be at the Summer house,... it was dangerous."
I know these books carry a pocketful of risks, just because. Let me have them, anyway. 

No comments:

Post a Comment