Thursday, March 17, 2011

THE SHELF-ISH SIDE OF ME

One of my interior design dreams is to have some very stirring bookshelves that will practically give me the unending hunger for reading. I have a white bedroom with soft orange halogen lights and majority of the stuff inside are in natural colors-- charcoal, pearl, sand and wood. So with that, I've been in the pursuit of finding a perfect match of bookshelves for my room. Prolly a more relaxed, laid-back natural feel in it.

So, if I'll be given a chance of buying em shelves or better having em customized, they'll look like one of these:

1) A 2-in-1 sofa/bookcase. So savvy. I'm actually asking my dad to buy me a sofa bed instead of a bed frame, but when I saw this, I might ask for a sofa/bookcase instead. Who says I need a bed? /loljk




Only that I need some foam in there for long hours of reading.
 Obviously, I will still need a bed if I'm gon have this.
 2.) A white installed shelf/rack. It's made of wood where the color matches with the contemporary-minimalist interiors. I liked it because of the cylindrical poles so to give a curved rather than edgy surface for my room. 


3.) So let's stand up for that eco-friendly vibe and have one of these, yes? Call 'em the indoor trees of knowledge, literally!

Red so fierce! 



Never separate this combo. They remind me of winter trees. Simply dramatic.

This is prolly the simplest that I can ask for.
So there.

Look, I really don't have a large collection of books yet so, prolly having the idea of 'em shelves will motivate me to buy moooore books.


from L-R starting from the top: (1) Summit Media magazines and Sunday school handouts;
(2) 2 layers of novels; (3) newly-compiled handouts and thesis copy from senior year;
(4) 2 layers of journals and novels



This one's located in our family hall. In it are my books when I was still 4,
some devotional guides and daddy's architecture books. /excuse the wrong foto angle. oops!

My journals really need some decent space, yes?
Derr ya gow! :-)

/foto credits to www.digdigs.com and LomoLomo app

No comments:

Post a Comment