Monday, December 27, 2010

STRAIGHT UP

Yes, this space badly needs real updates. I've been such a busy bee lately (yessir, even on a Christmas break) due to thesis. :-)

Well anyways, since I'm already here, I'll just tell you about how I was while I'm out of here:

1. As to what I've said, my partner and I are currently taking care of the last 2 chapters of our thesis. And with that being said, it has been my daily grind to go to The National Library to gather data or to stay somewhere (usually in Starbucks) for at least four hours to tally the results from our coding sheets OR to do both. So, I usually leave the house at 7:30a.m. and go back at 9/10p.m. It is quite tedious, but I am keeping my hopes up that by the grace of God, we will be able to finish it on time (2nd deadline, I mean, on January 8).

2. I already got my Starbucks 2011 planner last Monday (20 December-- 5 days earlier than my deadline). Huzzah! :-)

3. My daily Cavite-Manila-and-back trips are being spent up very well on reading. :-) Last week, I finished reading Ann Brashares' My Name is Memory in three rounds.

I will post some quotes here, I promise. :-)

3. Just finished reading On Love by Alain de Botton. Man, love philosophized?? Whoa. I am so short of time, seriously, to do a review of it, but anyways, what I can say about On Love is that I saw myself switching to each and every character's personality all throughout the book.

Another thing: You better watch out on going to airports especially when you're single and available. Hahaha! 'cause you might fall in love with a lady named Chloe. ;-)

I'm giving it 4 stars. Please spare some time to read it. :-)

This is one of my favorite lines:

"Every fall into love involves the triumph of hope over self-knowledge. We fall in love hoping we won't find in another what we know is in ourselves, all the cowardice, weakness, laziness, dishonesty, compromise, and stupidity. We throw a cordon of love around the chosen one and decide that everything within it will somehow be free of our faults. We locate inside another a perfection that eludes us within ourselves, and through our union with the beloved hope to maintain (against the evidence of all self-knowledge) a precarious faith in our species." 

4. I had a very merry Christmas with the fambam! We had so much fun time with my ever-so-loved Lola Chol and the rest of the Pineda folks. Sublime!

5. Today, is the 27th of December, a national holiday. That means, we will have another day of break in thesis work and I will start on reading Harper Lee's To Kill A Mockingbird.

So, off I go and will write on till next time! Ciao!

/pardon this entry

No comments:

Post a Comment