Saturday, June 25, 2011

3 | YOUR PARENTS

Pronounced man and wife 21 years ago and counting

Me: Daddy, do you love mommy?
Daddy: Well of course, I do!
Me: Then tell her that.
*and mom would go pa-cute*
Daddy: Love you, mommy.
Mommy: Love you, too, dad!

Well, this may sound like a five-year old kid teasing. Imagine, little Agnes. But as for me, even if I know the truth about their love for each other, I'd still want to hear their exchange of 'I love yous' over and over.

Because we're still on the wedding month...
Here's a list of why Daddy Pineda and Mommy Pineda's marriage has been successful all throughout the years (facts I also learned inside our church):

1. Christ is central
Dad met mom inside the church. Actually, they became best friends before they became a couple. Both of them became deeply in love with Christ and their ministry first before they fell for each other. It's always Christ in the midst of everything.

2. Unconditional love
They share a love that keeps no record of wrongs. Unreserved. They can only do two things: to love and to love some more despite of.

3. Respect
One regards the other highly (opinions, preferences, dispositions, etc.). 

4. Commitment
And when I say commitment, I meant one that is: permanent, faithful and cooperative.

5. Significant investment of quality and quantity time
That foto above is proof. They went somewhere to spend a day alone. Once or twice a month they would go out of town or go to spa parlors. 

6. Healthy communication
Super healthy that they never miss a day without talking over the phone eventhough they see each other everyday. Well, my dad loves doing that. And sometimes, I would hear them talking before they go to bed. Don't ask me how I do it, but I'm a ninja like that. 

7. Commitment to grow
In faith and love, for certain. Well, talk about "growing old" with each other. 

8. Effective conflict resolutions
In which, I am the witness. I don't have to elaborate on how my dad makes it up to my mom, though, but every time they would have an argument, they'll go out of the house and talk somewhere else. Some far away place that's peaceful and uninterrupted.

9. Physical intimacy 
Who doesn't need this as a couple? I mean, c'mon!

10. Fun 
...with us. Because we, kids, are fun to be with, y'know! :-) On their days-off, the 'rents would always want to go to Tagaytay, drive out of town, cinemas or just stay at home eating like it's two-thousand and twelve.

Seriously, I thank God for my parents
I love them so much that every night I make it a point that I'd go to their room, lie betwixt them and tell them how my day went (even if I 'm spending most of my days at home these days. Hihi. They shouldn't mind if I tell them the same things I did the other day) or give them a massage.
And before they sleep, I'll kiss them on their foreheads and whisper a prayer of again, thanks. 

Yes, I'm 20 years old and I still love doing those stuff. Why not? 

No comments:

Post a Comment