Wednesday, June 22, 2011

AN OPEN LETTER TO THE ONCE MISUNDERSTOOD MAN

"It's not Aria that I don't trust. It's the rest of the world. You know what I mean." 
-Byron Montgomery, PLL

Probably, for the countless fights and the sleepless nights full of desolation that we had, I have gathered up the sum of the things that I wanted to understand but couldn't. Questions that I've been longing to ask you, but wouldn't.


Maybe the truth is, I've been stubborn enough to dig in deeper and find out what's enclosed to your iron fists. You know why? Because, I was thinking that you can't understand me; that we took two extreme routes while growing up; that you were not as hurt as I was. That it was way TOO MUCH.


How foolish. How selfish.


For such a long time, I've been trying to put your guidance through the wringer because I wanted to fathom every single thing while I was growing up. BUT yes, I can always find you winning. I will always be tossed to the right lane and be forced to yield, simply because. What is the sense of calling you my father then, right?
At the end of each painful day of chastening, I will always find myself confessing my faults; humbled and exposed to my wrongdoings.


I CAN SEE IT FROM YOUR END. By and by.
I am sorry that you have been misunderstood. For the times when all I cared about is to push my selfish ways.


This part right here, I will have to thank you.
The truth is, you were the first one to see me cry over a heartbreak. You have felt the need of guidance under the pouring of my emotions. You were the one who offered me help in times that I'm losing my sanity. You, together with mom, took me by the hand when I was hanging by a cliff. You did it because of one thing I'm certain of: LOVE.
EVERYTHING WITH PRAYER AND BY THE GRACE OF GOD.


Thank you for everything and I thank the good Lord for having you as my father.


Please know this:
For a lot of people, you might have left the impression of being the Modern Hitler or the greatest villain in my life during my college years, but for me, you're my father. The one who only wants the best for me.


A father who fears that her daughter would be eaten up by the world that surrounds her. 


Probably you can say this to me:


"It's not you that I don't trust, darling. It's the rest of the world. You know what I mean." 


Yes, I do. And I love you.


Written in delay. Because it can be father's day everyday. :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment