Wednesday, June 29, 2011

6 | YOUR BEST FRIEND

Jai, my ally.


When I think of you, I think about the sea. 
Because there's something about you that moves me. Most probaby, your waves. The rhythm that can jive with the beat of my heart everytime I look for someone to keep my secrets with, except for myself.
You crack me open in the middle of woes, like the sea to its visitors.


When I think of you, I think about B&S and a lover on each side. 
We made a pact, remember? You even wrote it on my planner. You told me, we should be at the age of 21 before we commit ourselves in a relationship. It made me smile when I first read it because I am a year older than you. And by nature we know who can go first. But we broke the deal and life came afterwards. 


When I think of you, I think about my childhood.
We grew up together in the same town, went to the same school-church and were taught with the same values. We were practically one level and a room away from each other. And the memory of the church doorstep will always stay in the memory lane, although time made it concretely different now. 


When I think of you, I think about courage.
Because you've been through a lot yet you keep on reminding yourself to be fearless. You keep on moving forward despite the memories of recklessness and failures. I saw you grew up faster than you should be and got exhausted in the process. But you keep on moving and moving because you know Who holds you altogether. 


When I think of you, I think about family. 
Because we are obviously a part of each other's nearest and dearest. I told you last time, I really wished that you're staying here with us for some reasons. We had been together for 8 years and had memorized each other's bed positions and seating arrangement in the dining table.


And before I end this, I have 6 things for you to bear in mind.


The Six Rules of Maybe by Deb Calleti:


1. Respect the power of hope and possibilites. Begin with beleif. Hold onto it.
 
2. If you've known where you want to go, you're already half way there. Know what you desire but, more imporantly, why you desire it. Then go. 

3. Hopes and dreams and heart's desires require a clear path-get out of your own way 

4. Place hope carefully in your own hands and in the hands of others 
(*I say, in the hands of your Maker, greatly.)

5. Persist, if necessary.

6. That said, most importantly-know when you've reached an end, Quit, give up, do it with courage. Giving up is not failing-it's the chance to begin again." 


REMEMBER THAT IN GOOD AND BAD, I LOVE YOU JUST THE SAME.

No comments:

Post a Comment