Thursday, October 21, 2010

SO SICK OF BEING SO SICK







"Kumain ka kasi ng gulay at iwasan mo ang magpuyat para hindi bumaba resistensya mo."

I would always hear those words from people everytime I get sick.


Yesterday, I was suffering from an upset stomach. I would suspect that I got it from the pizza and pasta that I ate last Monday night at Sbarro. Just so you know, I have a very weak stomach that is why, most of the time, I would always end up not eating much or avoiding lots of food just to prevent the suffering. Included in my medical history, aside from being born with a weak liver and premature, I also have amoebiasis. That is why, my mother would always check on the food I eat. 

I also have this attitude of not eating the same food that had caused the upset anymore (for the rest of my life). One concrete example is: crab. When I was younger, I got trouble after eating this crustacean that I still can remember how it was like to cringe to death because of the pain. And that was the same pain I felt yesterday morning till late afternoon that I even have to call mom from work and ask her to be home. /sigh  So, goodbye Baked Ziti and Chicago White? Call me weird. 

Yesternight, while I'm still on the cycle of throwing out and you-know-what, I am also agonizing with high fever and before going back to sleep (I just slept all day, BTW), I thank God that it went down to 38C. 

All I can see around me now are medicines of all kinds, soda crackers, lugaw, fruits and jugs of water. 
For a month, how can you be so sick twice in a row? 

Mebbe this is another thing that I wish for my birthday: that I learn how to eat healthy. Eating veggies may require lots of effort on my part ('cos I'm just used to drinking mixed veggie juice and taking vegetable supplements).

Ugh, this sick freak that I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment