Saturday, November 27, 2010

INFIDELITY

I am caught between two.

It was this Thursday night when I realized that I am absolutely capable of loving two entities. Just because I couldn't help it.

I was invited by Kim, a very dear friend, to her place and introduced me to this writer named Haruki Murakami. I know that his books are up for digs, scattered everywhere, and that a lot of people that I know of have a greater understanding about him and his creations. I can even laugh at myself from the delayed appreciation.

Only that, I wasn't paying much attention then.

So Kim handed me the book South of the Border, West of the Sun and as I was browsing and reading through the highlighted lines from it, I easily had this different kind of connection. I gasped in agreement and said, "maybe, this is indeed a story of a love in a cool climate. I'll give this book my attention." More so, I am actually thrilled as a lover than a reader.


I know that I still have to finish up reading Catching Fire (thus the infidelity) which I am pressured to do so just because. Kill me now. And you should know that I really am in love with the series. But due to some reasons, circumstances have filched my time to curl up and read. But it's okay.

So here I am, finding a good reason to stay longer in bed because of being sick. This is the perfect chance to spend time reading 2 books, almost both at the same time. After a chapter in Catching Fire, I'll switch to read a chapter from South of the Border West of the Sun. They do well in taking turns and it feels good.  


Thanks Murakami, I can totally relate to this book.

P.S.
I'll be posting some of my fave lines here. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment