Wednesday, July 13, 2011

18 | YOUR FAVORITE MOMENT

I cannot have only one favorite, y'kno.
So, I'm posting two from a not-so-distant memory.

1. First ever stranded moment (thanks to Ondoy) 


The photo over there shows that I'm about to brave the floodwaters of Dapitan with my black heels on. I am rushing to get to our dormitory which is less than 500m away from St. Raymund's because I didn't want to be marooned  in UST (that time, I was actually thinking about: If I get stranded here, I have to be on the same clothes for 24 hours or so. Oh, undiezzz.). 

A weekend that was. Survival mode.

We were high and dry inside the dorm till Monday the following week. Such mole rats, we were. We didn't get enough food that we (I think there were 5 of us) actually shared a month-old canned peaches for our Sunday lunch. Convenience stores became islands away from our end, no network signal, power shutdown and all those calamity doodahs. Ah, thank God for friends, really. Roommates are your best chums in times of catastrophe. THE Ondoy experience was an unexpected team building event of the season.


2. Epic BK Experience

March 16-17, 2010. Burger King QC with Jem, Frau. and Glen
After our mini Pampanga field trip/legwork, we had to toil on our community paper. Define: CRAMMING. We stayed in BK for 24hrs (to be exact). The thing is, we had so much fun despite our lack of sleep and depleted enthusiasm.

The project was supposed to be passed in the afternoon of the 17th but we failed to beat the deadline. Sucks.
We finished the paper at 5 p.m. and had to rush it to Nitz Espana to have it printed. But here's the catch: We had to be in school at 6 p.m. for our oral interpretation finals in Retorika! Hello, hindi pa kami nakakaligo.

It was nearly 6 p.m. when we left Nitz and I really insisted to go back to my dorm for a shower. Late kung late. 

The odds were in my favor. I arrived in class dripping wet, I barely even brushed my hair. I apologized to my professor and he told me, "Hindi ka pa late." 

Really now? 

So, I took a seat and I got an SMS from one of my friends: "Nice. Wet look." So you liked it, my friend? I was actually laughing at myself at that very moment because I look like a complete idiot waiting to be called for my final oral interpretation. I was holding the Ustetika book with my forefinger bookmarked on the essay: Kontemplasyon ng Balahurang Estudyante sa Tapat ni Benavides by Karren Sena. "I'm not ready for this, but I have to give it my best shot."

The moment that I have not been waiting for came and it was my time to shine. I fortunately delivered the piece well and even made my blockmates and professor laugh. Crazy.

"Naisip ni Lord na kailangan ng konting komedya sa mundo kaya ipinanganak ako. 
And saya-saya 'di ba?"

So those were the days. And my favorite moments happened in college. How I miss!

No comments:

Post a Comment