Monday, July 18, 2011

20 | SOMETHING YOU REGRET (OR MY REGRETS)

Here's a truth:
Anyone who's been saying that he has no regrets in life is lying.

I, myself, am stitched by faith and grace countered by imperfections, regrets included.
I have them all in my being.

I regret that at times...

1. I am deeply consumed by my insecurities that stop me from going forward.
2. I have suffered for the most trivial things in life and carried unnecessary burdens with me.
3. I have failed to consider other people's feelings on the path towards my desires and end up hurting the ones I deeply love.
4. I have to say 'no' when I ought to have said 'yes' because of fear.
5. I would have to compromise just to be accepted and to belong.
6. I take things in my own way and forget that my Lord's ways are higher than mine.
7. I have to think about ways on how to please someone and put my principles at stake.
8. I let a day pass without making the ones I love feel special.
9. I would rather be misunderstood just because I am afraid to lose the one I'm arguing with.
10. I would have done my best but I did not.
11. I have chosen opportunities that equal my abilities than to ask for abilities that equal the opportunities.
12. I have to make myself believe that I am up to no good.

And the list goes on.

These are the reasons why I keep moving in life; this is why I choose to live each day-- because I have been through a lot of regrets and yet I have never lost the hope that one day, I will become someone better than the person that I am now.

No comments:

Post a Comment